A few weeks ago, I asked Facebook fans what they wanted for Christmas, and the answer seemed to be Packaging Ideas. So here you go...
With the trend of metallic and chalkboard elements still in full force, I came up with 7 ways to wrap a gift in black, white, and gold. The screen printed gift tags we made last year were the perfect finishing touch!
From top to bottom, left to right::
- Braided Metallic Lines Fine Paper + "Paper Belt" made from scraps of Metallic Wash Fine Paper
- Gold Horseshoe Fine Paper + Tiny Gold Tinsel + Pretty Peas Paperie Tag
- Chalkboard Wrapping Paper + Gilt Eyelash Yarn
- Metallic Wash Fine Paper + Gold and Silver Chevron Ribbon + Pretty Peas Paperie Tag
- White Copy Paper + "Celebrate It" Ribbon + Tiny Watercolor Tag
- Chalkboard Wrapping Paper + Handmade "String of Lights"
- White Gift Card Envelope + Black and White Twill Ribbon + Brown Sugar Glitter Tape + Pretty Peas Paperie Tag
- Gilt Eyelash Yarn + Pretty Peas Paperie Tag
All of the paper you see can be found at Paper Source:
Any supplies without a link (like the ribbon, tinsel, and yarn) can be found at your local crafts store. If you're interested in purchasing a set of Christmas tags, please check availability in our Etsy shop.
And, last but not least, here are some detail shots of the "string of lights." I got the idea over the weekend as I was strolling through Michaels.
Being that I am NOT a jewelry maker, twisting the wire around the tiny bulb-shaped bead was kind of hard. Not gonna lie. However, I think the final result was totally worth it! The best part is you can use the mini strings of lights to adorn just about anything.
Hope you enjoyed your Christmas freebie! Happy Wrapping!